Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Addendum Report


I forgot to mention something with my last post.

I set my trainer up for New Year's because I wanted to ride in the new year.

I got a late start because I had some technical issues with my quick-release skewer, but by 12:30 AM I was on my bike and pedaling away while watching Breaking Away. I even cued the movie to where Dave is drafting the semi truck (in the small ring to the observant), so I could imagine doing something crazy like that myself. It was fun.

I only did a few miles because I didn't want to be up all night. I had to be at my aunt's house early for breakfast with the family, an annual tradition, involving large amounts of menudo. Afterwards we all went to the movies, an evolving tradition, to see King Kong. Okay they went to see King Kong, I saw Memoirs of a Geisha (for the third time).

I think it was a good way to usher in the new year. My hope is that my desire to ride that day will stay with me through December 31. I want it to remind me on days that I may not feel like riding, that it's always a good thing to ride, and that any day I ride is a good day.

b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home