Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Spirit Is Willing...


...but the flesh is weak (> <)

I can sum it all up in one word: OUCH!!!!!!!!

Did I make it to yoga class Saturday morning? No. I couldn't move my body. My right knee, my lower back on the left side, and under my right arm where my wing would be if I had any muscle tone in my arms. I knew it wouldn't be easy, and I was anticipating being sore. I mean, I'm out of shape, overweight, and haven't moved my body seriously in those types of directions in nearly 2 years. If I was a horse, I'd have been shot and turned into glue, Jell-O, or French food by now.

I was so sore, I couldn't even go for a bike ride either. And it was a beautiful day. So I had to "settle" for taking a long walk in the park. Of course I went to my secret hiding place, I walked around for an hour UNDER THE SUN in the Japanese garden. It was cool and breezy, but sunny. The sun felt good on my face.

I kept walking so my joints wouldn't get stiff. That's pretty much how I felt this whole weekend. Just keep moving, keep those legs and arms moving. I even did light back stretches so my core wouldn't get stuck.

I'm nervous but excited about tomorrow-- I go back to the yoga class. Hopefully I'll fair a little bit better this next time. If I make it out of there in one piece, I'm sure I'll be okay. (^ ^)

é

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home