Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Monday, February 20, 2006

Forgotten Post


Sometimes I can’t always get to my computer, so I’ll write down my thoughts on paper until I can get online. Here is a lost thought from Sunday, February 12th.

Putting Things in Perspective

Today after having coffee with my closest friends, James and Katie, I went for a bike ride at the park. At this point I must confess, this was my first bike ride OUTSIDE. All my miles so far this year have been imagined. That is—all my riding up to today has been indoors on my trainer.

So today was my official first ride of the season. This inaugural ride I dedicated in honor of and in memory of my Uncle Michael.

Having never spent time on a trainer before this year, the difference between carpet & Alien Nation, and real pavement, wind, gravity, & resistance, was sincerely mind blowing. I really felt like I sucked. I felt like I hadn’t been riding my bike at all this year.

But as I sit here post-ride and post-shower, I am reminded of the words of Natasha Rizopoulos: “…[T]ake the action. Let go of the result.” In letting go of the result, I was able to focus on the good parts of my ride. My few miles were better than zero miles. I was outside in the park UNDER THE SUN. I am reminded to not give up, that in time I will get stronger. I'll be able to rider longer and farther with each day that I ride.


Take the action. Let go of the result.

b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home