Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Belated Chico Thoughts


This is from my trip to Chico for a workshop back in the beginning of June:

Chico was awesome! I carpooled up with two of my colleagues. The drive up was without incident. We met up with the rest of our group (8 total) and headed into the Chico office. Most of my colleagues had never been to the Chico office so we were given the grand tour. It is a beautiful office, decorated in warm colors. The office and its amenities are definitely something to be jealous of. (^ ^) After the tour and after checking into our hotel we went to downtown Chico for the Thursday night farmers market.

We had a blast! The produce available for purchase looked fantastic! The strawberries were huge! Some were so big that only one would be able to fit into the palm of my hand. I didn't buy any strawberries, but I did buy some cherries and some sweet & salty almonds. YUMMY!! There were a ton of flowers for sale too. I wish I could have bought some, but I knew that they would not have made the trip back. After hanging out for a while we went to the Olive Garden for dinner. An easy pick since the restaurant was right across the street from the hotel. Afterwards we went back to the hotel for complimentary evening drinks. I had a glass of merlot.

This hotel is awesome. They are really nice to their guests, not to mention that one of the guys behind the front desk was really REALLY cute! He was even wearing a LIVESTRONG band. I would have liked to flirt with him a bit, but: A) I'm way too shy for that, and B) What's the point? He lives in Chico, I don't.

Chico strawberries and blossoms:



bPZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home