Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Back Online


Hi, remember me?

Ahh, the joys of communal living. Hmmm, more more like the chaos of communal moving!

Well, we are all in the new house now. I am somewhat unpacked, and somewhat still in boxes. That's how it goes. You know me, it will take me a month to fully unpack. And I'm still working towards down-sizing my life for a sucessful yard sale.

Guess what color our (Riley and me) room is.... Yup, it's pink! I have odd pictures of the walls I may post later, but really, they are nothing exciting-- just corners.

Once I get all settled in, it will finally be time to CUT MY HAIR!!!!! I've been avoiding it since January. I guess I've become comfortable with my hair. Which is really stupid because it takes me forever to wash it, and I need help combing it and braiding it. In a way, the delay has been a good thing, because now I have more to donate. My hair is about an inch or two above my waist now, and sometimes it tickles my lower back when I wear it down. I'll miss it once it's gone, but I look forward to quick showers and Costco-sized shampoo bottles lasting longer than a month! (^ ^) I'll make sure I post before and after photos.

Hmm, anything else to catch up on? Oh yeah, this Saturday is the Climb to Kaiser! I had originally planned to volunteer to help work at the very top, the Kaiser Pass rest stop, but the move and other responsibilities made it not possible. Too bad, because it's going to be an interesting year: The Rumble to the Summit is scheduled for the same day. So 275 cyclists will be sharing the road with about 4,000 guys on motorcycles. The Rumble to the Summit is an annual fundraiser for the Make a Wish Foundation. Last year they raised $180,000. I just pray no one gets hurt.

Climb to Kaiser:

http://www.fresnocycling.com/kaiser/2006/index.htm

Rumble to the Summit (and the date is wrong):

http://northfresnohog.com/rumble/

Locks of Love:

http://www.locksoflove.org/

b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home