Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Friday, May 25, 2007

Breaking (my heart) News

***
This is not a usual Blossoms post. Sometimes you get a thought or idea stuck in your head that it is all you can think about. It is a thought that makes you run home on your lunch break, just so you can blog about it.

Of course this is all my fault, and I should have seen it coming. Not necessarily what happened, just how I knew I was going to react.

I have a weakness/fault/bad habit of putting people on pedestals. I think of them as without fault, on the moral high ground, and selfless, just to name a few extrememly high expectations. I don't know where it came from. Maybe I watched too much Due South in college. Maybe I was born too trusting, too naive, too willing to see the best of people and to ignore the worst of them.

I'm sure you've heard the saying about people on pedestals have feet of clay? And when it comes crashing down it makes a big ole mess. You start seeing people for who they really are and then you're left standing there wondering "what the hell was I thinking?" It's so disappointing it nearly breaks your heart.

Well, that's how this week is turning out to be. Men (I've put) on pedestals, or should I say pedalstals are showing the world their dark side and disappointing a lot of cycling fans. Yesterday's confession of my Z-man, Erik Zabel, broke my heart. This morning's confession of Bjarne Riis, the 1996 winner of the Tour de France left me speechless. Made me want to go home and crawl under my covers until August.

I hate what I fear this will do to me. I'm already being cynical, wondering who will confess tomorrow? Who else is doping? Who else had doped? There are other names out there, names I dare not speak outloud, that if they were to admit to doping, I would be devastated.

I am not casting stones here, nor calling for a witchhunt. I'm just so....disappointed. And tired. Tired of being let down.

What the hell was I thinking?

3 Comments:

  • At 5/26/2007, Blogger 8675309 said…

    I'm sorry, Vet. It's always sucky when people you admire are shown to be human (at best). :(

    Meanwhile, ya gonna tell us what happened on the date?!?!?!?

    LOL....

     
  • At 5/29/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with Jen and ya gonna tell us what happened on the date?!?!?!?

    ROFLMAO

     
  • At 5/29/2007, Blogger Yvette said…

    I SAID NO!!!!!!!

    --ok, twist my arm ;) I'll send you guys an email tonight :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home