Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Anemia Sucks

*****

Sorry everyone. When the anemia hits, I get tired, cranky, and I start craving beef. Do you remember that animated movie (I really can't remember the title, it might be Madagascar) where the lion is dreaming of meat and there are all these steaks floating about à la American Beauty? That is my life right now. And it is somewhat annoying because my protein preference has beef in dead last place (sorry Harris Ranch).

I look like crap, I feel like crap, my attention span is crap and all I want to do is sleep. It started right after Climb to Kaiser. At first I thought it was let down from the adrenaline rush of the day, but after a day or two, I noticed that it didn't clear up like I would expect it to. It's been downhill ever since. I'd have to say that yesterday and today I've been feeling much better, so hopefully I should be my Vettie self again in a week.

I have to really watch myself when I get like this. Lupus runs in my family: mom, aunts, cousins. My mom's lupus is so active that I have to give her weekly Procrit shots (that's EPO for those who don't know) to keep her RBCs in the green. She's had to be admitted to the hospital a few times since her Dx over 10+ years ago for blood transfusions. I don't have lupus (thank God) but I'm at risk since I was officially Dx'd with anemia my senior year of high school. It comes and goes, but usually I'm okay.

So that's why I've been quiet and when I haven't been quiet I've been whiney and crabby. So my deepest apologies to ANYONE I may have snapped at over the past 3 weeks. :)


~Vet
"Tastey cow Aunt Meg."

Ýä

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home