Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Sunday, July 01, 2007

C2K note

*******
Hi. This is going to be a short write-up because I don't know, my right hand hurts. My middle and ring fingers hurt at the knuckle and are swollen. Must have been from all the kickin' ass and takin' numbers I did yesterday. Okay, maybe not the ass-kicking, but definitely from the taking numbers.

My job yesterday was to was to check off the riders as they hit the lunch stop at Huntington Lake. I was standing at the entrance with a clipboard and checking off numbers from the spreadsheet. I checked off my first two riders at 10:13am and checked off my last rider at 3:53pm. In between, I checked off 265-270 riders. I forgot what the exact number was. There were more riders registered, but either they didn't show up, or they didn't make it this far.

I'm glad I wore my sunscreen and actually remembered to bring my hat (My 508 hat) because by 1pm, I lost all my shade. It was beautiful up there and warm for me. I made the mistake of getting dressed before 5am, so I was a little over dressed. At least I dressed in layers and was able to start stripping. Unfortunately once the great mass of riders started showing up, there was no time for a break until after 2:30. Big mistake, I wore jeans.

Next year I'm going to suck it up and risk dirty legs and wear shorts. Unless I decide to ride next year. No, not the Climb to Kaiser, that's in the 5-year plan, but either the Millerton metric or the Tollhouse century.

Sorry, no pictures, too busy. Maybe some year I should not help and just go out there on my own and take pictures. I do have two, of the lunch stop as we were setting up. That was the only time I had to snap some shots.

Oh, I'm assuming that my phone was working up there because I was able to send texts and make phone calls. But I didn't receive any text messages or phone calls, so I don't know if it's because no one did *sniff* or people did, but I didn't receive them. But, then if I just didn't receive them, I think I would have gotten them all at once as I was coming down the hill. But I didn't *sniff*. Oh well.

~Vet
"I am ready. The sky is not the limit."

b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home