Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sometimes I Am Such a Dork

*******
Friday morning in the shower, I was washing my face with those Olay facial cloths. I don't know what I was doing but somehow I jabbed myself in my left eye with my finger and the cloth.

I got a huge gob of soap lather in my eye and it really really hurt. I mean, really hurt. The soap didn't sting, that would have hurt less. I really thought my eye was going to shrivel up and fall out. It started throbbing and then it dried out. Of course my eye turned bright red. It was so red, that I thought it was bleeding, but it wasn't.

I think the trauma from the poke, along with the soap made my eye seize up. I could not get my eye to tear up to lubricate my eye. And I had no eye drops. And my eye was hurting more for the dryness. I tried to think of sad thoughts to make my eyes water, but nothing was working. Dead puppies and kittens. Nothing. I was in a pickle. I was going to be late for work, and I didn't want to go to my doctor.

So I did the only thing I could think of. Mind you I hadn't had any sort of caffeine yet. I was in pain, and was not thinking clearly. So I grabbed my DVDs of Grey's Anatomy, and put on the saddest episode I could think of. The prom episode. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, let's just say it's a big emotional rollercoaster ride. Dude, I was balling BOTH my eyes out in ten minutes! It felt really, really, really, good.

I still went to work, just late. My eye was dry the whole day, and would ache when I went out into the heat. Buring the day I started having eye junk build-up, but I wasn't worried. Probably just residual soap. On my way home I stopped off at Rite-Aid and picked up some eye drops. Once home, I ate dinner, put the drops in, and went to bed. I really think my eye needed time closed.

I was concerned that when I woke up this morning, my eye would be sealed shut. But it wasn't. Just a little crusty. Sorry if that is TMI.

Okay, time for me to go. My Manny-Man is in town and we are going out tonight! Woo-Hoo!

~Vet
"I am ready. The sky is not the limit."

Õ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home