Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Monday, July 30, 2007

Monday Blog

*******
I'm back. What have I been up to?

1. Applying for a second job. Not for the money, but for the exposure to a company with a particular environment/culture, not to mention excellent employee perks. (Can you say pro-deal?) I want more friends in this cultural subset because I don't have enough. If you haven't guessed which company I have applied for, it's actually a co-op with more than 3 million members! I went to a general hiring clinic a few weeks ago and had a good interview. I recently went back last week for a second interview, they still seemed to like me. So for now, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and lighting every candle within walking distance ;) I'm not saying right out what company I've applied with, I feel uncertain revealing what I have already because I don't want to jinx myself. I really want this job. (A Chorus Line: Oh God, I need this job.....) Once I hear final word, I'll fess up to everything.

2. Got dealt a blow at work. The Governator has slashed our budget 20% and the powers that be (above me) had to make some really hard choices. Closest to home, I'm losing one of my team members. I'm absolutely heartbroken, because she was new and we just really got to know each other like last week. :( I'm totally bummed about this I nearly cried at work. On a wider scale, the ax came down in Sacramento too and I was informed that most of our consultants (read: programmers) are being let go too. Of course, the people who are being let go, are the ones responsible for the part of the system that I'm primarily responsible for. They make my tools possible, so if I don't have tools that work, how am I supposed to be able to get my projects done on top of being short one person! Sigh, I used to know one of the Sacramento programmers. I wonder if his position was cut too....

3. Countdown to the wedding- 11 days. I don't care anymore about not having a date, I am so happy that I found a dress today! :) Now I just have to find shoes :-O On the bright side, about 85% of the Michigan clan is coming. I'm SO EXCITED. I have the coolest family, you don't even know. We are going to have so much fun. It's going to be one non-stop party from the time the first plane lands to the last plane leaves.

4. Personal life, still single. Or is it, single again? A combination of both. It's okay. Right now I'm discovering that there worse things I could be. Although I miss the companionship, I've always liked my autonomy. Doing whatever I want, whenever I want. I just believe it's not my time to settle down. I have soo much that I want to do yet. Besides, unless I get totally ax'ed myself, there might be a job relocation in my future. It will be easier with only my needs to take into consideration. Da Ma will follow me wherever I go. She better, damn cat.

5. Exciting time this evening, we lost power. I have no idea what happened, I'll have to watch the news tonight to see if they say anything about it. I'm just glad that the blackout decided to wait until after Big Love.

That's about it. I'm feeling better, excited about this new employment prospect. I'm always excited about new things. Aren't we all?

~Vet

"I am ready. The sky is not the limit."


ÕbQ‡

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home