Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Monday, January 30, 2006

Blog Intentions


Sorry I haven't written in a while, life has been a bit busy. I travel on occasion for my job, so some evenings I'm simply too tired to jump online. Next week I'll be out of town so there will not be any postings from me until I get back.

On to today's thoughts:

Lately I've allowed myself to become stressed-out, overwhelmed, frustrated in general, and dare I say it, negative. I've allowed it to affect my home life, my work life, my recreational life and my relationships with friends.

So, in order to prevent a fate like Artax's, in the Swamp of Sadness, I've come up with this blog. I'm exercising my happy muscles! I'm reminded of a quote from one of my favorite movies (Hmmm, sounds like another list in my future):

"...[T]here's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst...And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my...life...."

I have moments like that. I guess that's why I like that quote so much. I just don't want to forget that those moments are there, that they are all around me. I want to use this blog as a medium for recording those moments.


b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home