Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Beautiful Day


My, my, my, yesterday was a beautiful day! I was so excited about being able to go for a bike ride after work that I sang all the way home. My song of choice: "Don't Break This Rhythm" by Peter Gabriel (I LOVE him).

It was sunny, warm, the wind was calm- just a slight breeze. Perfect for a ride around the block. I unearthed my sleeveless jerseys and went outside without tights and windbreaker.

I rode 11 miles. Small beans by common standards-- Tony, of the hardcore, rode approx 55 miles**. Had I been in shape I probably would have done a tidy 20, but I'm not. And I must remind myself at this point "take the action, let go of the result". I rode my bike, under the sun. That's enough for me.

** Tony is in a category by himself The Zen Hardcore. He rides without a cyclo-computer, without a heart rate monitor. Ultra cool- the Johnny Depp of cycling. Totally in the moment, in the present, without care for the (statistical) result. He takes the action. Awesome.

b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home