Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Sunday, June 03, 2007

First of the Month

*******
Okay, yes, I know that today is June 3rd. I had wanted to blog about this on Friday, but I had last minute activities Friday evening which did not allow me to go online. Saturday-busy. So here I am today. Better late than never.

There are a lot of sucky things about the first of month that most people don't like: Mortgage/rent due being the main thing. Yes, I have rent and bills that are due. Usually the first of the month I am broke, and driving on fumes, because the first Collaborative pay day is the 5th. But finances are not the subject of today's post.

I LOVE the first of the month. Why? Because on the first, you get to flip the calendar.

To me, it is such a symbolic gesture and such a wonderful feeling. It's the opportunity to start all over again. It's a similar feeling to using a brand new ink pen for the first time. On the first, you have the whole month to look forward to. It is full of endless possibilities. Did last month suck donkeys? It's okay, this month will be better.

When you flip the calendar, you get a new picture. A new far off land to dream about. A new goal, or inspirational thought to ponder for the next 30-31 days (28-29 in February). A new cycle of the moon, some random holiday in a foreign country. The possibility of better, and different. It's so refreshing, like opening a new box of cereal. Old and stale is gone, the fresh and new has arrived.

I have 4 calendars, not including my planner. One in my bedroom, three in my office. I enjoy flipping each one of them. Such a lushious experience. Ahhhhhh......

~Vet
"I am ready. The sky is not the limit."

Õ Y ¦

1 Comments:

  • At 6/07/2007, Blogger 8675309 said…

    I *love* flipping the calendar page!!! Ah, the sisterhood of nerds....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home