Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!

*******
"We inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure"

http://www.rei.com/

Yes, I got the job! I will be a part-time cashier at REI. I am absolutely thrilled! I was notified by phone this morning.

But there is no REI in Fresno. Well, not yet. REI is currently building their new store at Riverpark with grand opening September 14. At this point I don't have many concrete details, but I'll know more once I've gone through orientation. They call it Base Camp. Tell me that isn't the coolest thing!

I cannot begin to describe how excited I am to start this new adventure. I admit, I've been out of the retail business for quite some time, but I am confident that my customer service skills are still intact. I was dancing around doing the "Superstar" like a complete idiot at work today because I was sooooo happy. Quite frankly, I'm ecstatic.

I must give a shout out of thanks to my amigo Jim, who gave me the heads-up about the store opening and told me to apply. He knew I was looking for something just like this. That's what buds are for. :) We'll toast with some nice tequila. Also, I thank all my well-wishers, this opportunity means so much to me.

If you are not familiar with REI, I encourage you to check out their website. It's a Fortune magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work for in America." Especially check out REI's Active Stewardship. REI rocks.

Tonight's quote:

"Each year, REI donates millions of dollars to support conservation efforts nationwide, and sends scores of volunteers to build trails, clean up beaches, and teach outdoor ethics to kids. Through responsible business practices, we strive to reduce our environmental footprint."
--REI website

~Yvette
"I am ready. The sky is not the limit."

ÕbQ

4 Comments:

  • At 8/02/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats ..!!!!!!

     
  • At 8/02/2007, Blogger 8675309 said…

    YAYYYYY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! w000t!

     
  • At 8/14/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have been waiting for a nearby REI for over 20 years..Even though thay are not the same store as they were 15+ years ago it will be nice not to have to go to Herb Bauers for anything.


    So I guess I will see you when I check out!!

    John

     
  • At 8/15/2007, Blogger Yvette said…

    Thanks everybody! (^ ^)

    ~YZ

     

Post a Comment

<< Home