Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Friday, August 03, 2007

Ready, Set, VACATION!!!!!!!

*******
Okay, I am officially on vacation! I've actually taken time off from work to spend time with my family that are coming down for my cousin's wedding. I think I must be absolutely insane. No, not for wanting to spend time with my family, but for wanting to spend time away from work. I'm one of those crazy people who doesn't like to spend time away from the office because I believe it will fall apart without me. In fact, besides the occasional day off here and there, I haven't had an official vacation since I went to Michigan 2 years ago.

I think it will nice to have some time off. It's been way too long. I took a quiz at a business website that I often visit, and this quiz told me that I am on the path to career burnout. Boy, was I shocked to discover that. But, on the bright side, I read a related article that gave some recommendations on fighting career burnout and one recommendation was to start a side job or project. What timing!!! And on that tanget....

I went to REI today to fill out the appropriate new hire paperwork. The employee handbook rocks! AND..... they gave me magnets! (^ ^) The refrigerator poetry type that are words. I love refrigerator magnets. Oh hell, I love magnets in general. If you've ever seen my office, you know what I'm talking about. Anyways, I'm signed up for all my training shifts. I should be well trained in time for our grand opening. I'm really, really excited. (^ ^)

Since I'm going to be on vacation through Tuesday August 14, I don't know how much posting I will be doing. I know I won't be home much, but I hope that I'll be able to post about the wedding and my Base Camp training.

~Vet
"I am ready. The sky is not the limit."

ÕbQ

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home