Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Friday, December 07, 2007

iPod News pt 2

*******
First, shout out to my friend Steveo, today is his birthday. Happy birthday Steve, I love you!
(yes, his birthday is Pearl Harbor Day)

So, this is my Christmas present to myself, a new mp3 player, an iPod. An 80Gb iPod. Mmmmmm......music........

Those of you who know me know that I sprang forth from my Mommy's forehead fully formed, singing and dancing A Chorus Line (ONE singular sensation, every little step she takes). I love music. I sing, I dance, I play instruments. When I work, I sing. When I'm at the frontline at REI, I'm dancing. Just ask anyone!!!

I need to be surrounded by music all the time. I do. Once upon a time I used to lug cassette tapes with me wherever I went. Then I graduated to CDs. Carrying a big book of CDs gets really heavy. When the mp3 player came out, I didn't get one right away because they cost more than I could afford. I did buy a disc-man (remember those?) that could read mp3 files, so I converted album after album to mp3 and I could put like 100 songs on a single CD. So then, instead of carrying a big book of CDs, I was carrying a little book of CDs. It was very nice to have all my Peter Gabriel albums on 1 CD.

I did get tired of it though, so I went out and bought myself a little mp3 player. I mean little, like 1Gb. Unfortunately I was only able to put like 200 songs on it. Now, to some of you, 200 songs may sound like alot, but when you listen to it while you're getting ready for work in the AM and then for 8 hours at your desk, after a while it gets really repetitive. My little mp3 player only allowed for one playlist too, I didn't like that. I ultimately wanted to be able to create a playlist for every mood I had: Happy, pissed-off, in a taiko mood, and most famously, when I'm in a wine and cheese mood. Having only the ability to have a certain amount of songs, I had to pick and choose only my favorite 1 or 2 songs off of any certain album. If I got a new CD and wanted to add a song or 2 to my player, I had to vote a song or 2 off the island. The only artist who had total immunity was Peter Gabriel. I hated having to choose. To me it's like having to choose, who do you love more, your cat or your boyfriend? Ugh.

So, with the second job, I was able to save up some dough and get myself something bigger. Okay, I admit, I really wanted the 160Gb one, but the price was pushing my limit. What I want, right now, is to be able to have ALL my music with me, wherever I go, whatever mood I'm in. I'm assuming 80 is going to be enough. I'm going to scream if it's not.

~Vet
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home