Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Where Were You Five Years Ago?


Five years ago, November 7, 2001, I sat quietly at my desk at work.

I admit, I'm not a very good at waiting.

My aunts and some of my cousins sat in the waiting room for me.

My mom was in surgery.

She was having the lower lobe of her right lung removed. She had a suspicious mass, it came back cancer.

Fast forward 5 years. November 7, 2006

My mom is officially cancer-free.

Carpe diem Mom, and LIVESTRONG! I love you.

Time to celebrate!

Yvette Z.
The Good News Collector

b

1 Comments:

  • At 11/07/2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    That must have been a terrible feeling waiting for the surgery to be over to hear the results. I'm happy to hear your Mom is still well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home