Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Relay For Life

*******
Dear Friends and Family:

This year I am participating in the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life. Relay is the American Cancer Society’s nationwide signature event. I am on team HAPPY FEET from the California Cancer Center, and this year and we’re planning to raise $20,000.00. Throughout the event, my teammates and I will take turns walking around the track and camping out. I am doing this in honor of Alice Grimaldo Zavala, my mom, who has been surviving lung cancer for 5 years. In addition to my team goal, I have promised a personal goal of $150.00. If you’d like to help in the fight against cancer, you can make a contribution to the American Cancer Society through the Relay For Life website. Please make sure you make your donation before the event.

The event takes place on Saturday May 5, 2007 at Fresno State starting at 9:00am. I would be glad to walk in honor or in memory of someone you know who has been touched by cancer. For a $10.00 donation to the American Cancer Society, I will make sure that person’s name is included in the Luminaria Ceremony, when candles are lit and we remember those who have been touched by cancer.

All I am asking for (begging for) is $10.00 from each person. If you’d like to donate more, I won’t stop you, but just think, for the price of an evening movie, or lunch, or a gallon of gas ;) what a difference your donation can make!

Here is a link to my assigned donor web page:


Vet's Donor Page

If you have difficulty with the link, please try these instructions:

Go to:
www.acsevents.org/relay/ca/fresno this should take you to our event homepage.

On the right hand side, there is a list of team rank. Look for team “California Cancer Center/Happy Feet” (click on the “more” if it’s not listed in the top 5). Click on the link, that will take you to our team page.

Under team members, look for my name (Yvette Zavala). Click on the link and that should take you to my personal page.

If you would prefer, you may also donate by cash, or check made out to American Cancer Society. Contact me for details.

I appreciate your support. There’s no finish line until we find a cure.

Gratefully, and with love,

Yvette I. Zavala,
aka ~Vet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home