Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm Such A Dork

*******
I think I should have taken an extra day off. Just a day to unwind and relax. And read.

Today I spent the entire day genuinely thinking it was Monday. My officemate Melissa had to set me straight several times today. There was no way that she was going to let me drag her back to Monday.

This morning I was seriously debating coming in late. I was in the middle of a book that I did not want to put down. It's not a big book and I'm already 3/4 of the way done. I'll definitely have it completed before I go to bed tonight. It's one of those business fables like that mouse & cheese story. I was recommended the book by a business website I visit. Pretty good so far, and practical- stuff I can take to work and really use (like that 7 habits book). Also I've heard some good things about a organization method called GTD. I'll have to look into it some time.

Before I forget, here's that picture of me with that handsome soldier I was telling you about:
Okay, I'm a bit of a tease. Sorry to those who were expecting a younger man. This is my Uncle Pete, a.k.a. father of the groom (my cousin Tony), retired Army, now proudly serving USPS. Because Pete has a niece who likes to brag about her awesome family, you should take note of the sleeve of his jacket. You can definitely make out three stripes and a tiny bit of a fourth-- Actually there are not four but SEVEN stripes on his sleeves, which means a pretty long time (at least 21 years). I'm very proud of him, but I'll be honest, I'm SO glad that he retired before all this Iraq stuff started. He looked GOOD at the wedding ceremony and reception.

There was other stuff I know I wanted to blog about, but I can't remember anymore. I'll talk about the wedding, training, and Guitar Hero another day. I really really want to finish my book tonight.

~Yvette
"I am ready. The sky is not the limit."

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8/17/2007, Blogger 8675309 said…

    Great dress...and yes, very handsome soldier (youth not required!). :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home