Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wisdom in a Cup (Tuesday Quote)

*****
Relay For Life Info

This tidbit of wisdom came to me from my very good friend and excellent shoulder, Vegas. Vegas enjoys Starbucks and often will show me the quotes on her cups.

"You simply can't make someone love you if they don't. You must choose someone who already loves you. If you choose someone who does not love you, this is the sort of love you must want."
--Israel Horovitz
Playwright

Makes me stop and go hmmm, reflecting back to my high school addiction to unrequited love in the form of a certain Yale-bound drum major. I wonder if this is the reason I am not married yet....

~Vet
"I see a red door and I want to paint it PINK"

3 Comments:

  • At 4/18/2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh, that quote reminds me of the skit about who's on first or something Yogi Berra might say.

    And I suppose a PINK door is better than black, what do the Stones know anyway.

     
  • At 4/20/2007, Blogger 8675309 said…

    Ohhh, Yvette. When will you learn? Love...bites!

    :)

     
  • At 4/20/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Strangely enough I heard the song Nothing compares to you and it gave me a moment back in time of you sitting on the piano bench in the band room singing that song thinking of the before mentioned drum major. I have a future blog coming on similar incidents how certain songs bring back strong memory’s of times and people.

    Vetto I have and will always love you :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home