Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Thoughts on the New Job Stuff

*******
Oh yeah, I remembered what I wanted to write about in my last post. Paperclips. I think of them as office cockroaches. They are everywhere, they mulitply, and you can't get rid of them. I also really dislike it when they slip into my keyboard. Does anyone know of a way to recycle them? I don't want to just toss them, and there is a huge drawer in the copyroom of my office that is full of used paperclips. It seems that no one likes to reuse them. I admit, I won't reuse them if they are bent even ever so slightly. But if they are still flat, I will. I want to bring in a ziploc bag and fill it up with paperclips, take it home and put it in my recycling bin. I tried doing an internet search to find out how to properly recycle them, but I came up empty handed. I must be using a lame algorithm. ;)

This past week, I attended Base Camp for REI. For an orientation meeting it was a lot of fun. No really, it was. I won't bore you with any details, it was just typical going over the manual and stuff. Today, we had our sales and service training. I won't be on the sales floor, I'll be at the front line, but still, I needed to learn the REI way of doing things. I've had sales experience in the past, but not in a way I felt comfortable doing business. What I learned today was very different, and very refreshing. I think I'm going to like it.

Tomorrow we have our first service project. We will be removing arundo, an invasive plant, that is growing along the San Joaquin River. If you care to learn more about this plant click here. We'll be doing that in the AM and then we'll have an opportunity to hang out afterwards for free canoe trips! WOO-HOO! Oh, and I'll get a free t-shirt (LOVE THE SCHWAG!!!)

I love this job already!

~Vet
"I am ready. The sky is not the limit."

ÕQb

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home