Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Vet is TIRED!!!!!

*******
Yes, I'm here, and I'm still alive. I'm TIRED. I worked today, but I didn't have to work tonight, my first evening off since the Sunday before Labor Day.

Last week I worked 61 hours.
This week so far I have worked 31 hours.
This past Sat & Sun I worked 9-9. Those were the hardest days.


But I'm alive, and grateful that I can work like this- if only barely ;)

Once the store opens, my schedule will settle down.

Tomorrow we have a special opening by invitation only. I'm excited.

The grand opening is this Friday. I'll be working in the evening. If you are near Fresno, stop on by so I can sell you a membership! ;)

Did I tell you that the dress code is super relaxed? I can wear shorts and sandels if I so desire, Woo-Hoo!

I have Thursday evening off too, so hopefully I'll be able to finish my laundry and get some posting done! :)

Special note to John in Fresno: Are nordic skis the same as cross-country skis? That's what I was told. So, to answer your question, no, we won't be carrying them in the store, but you can buy them online (or online in the store) and have them shipped to the store at no charge. I don't know if that's what you were needing to know....

~Vet
"I'm tired"

1 Comments:

  • At 9/12/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Vet,

    I got your message!! And Thanks!!. Can't say I am thriiled that I waited 20+ years for a local REI just so they can Not carry my sport!!!! Ordering them is just not the same! I guess I will be talking to the Manager on Friday..You may want to warn them...Actually I did buy my last pair @rei.com so I can't be that PO.I but most of my Nordic stuff from Midwest vendors anyway.. I will be in line @ 10 this Friday..I didn't "know " anyone for the Invite thing. I know that one of the invitees is a Herb Bauer employee. I believe that this is the first REI he has been in since he admonished that they will see a decline in backpacking sales.. I guess I will see you...


    John

     

Post a Comment

<< Home