Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Friday, August 24, 2007

One Last Hurrah!

*******


The arundo project. Geeze Louise!!! It was freaking bamboo!!! Bamboo by any other name is still a bitch to cut down. It was lots of hard work and I got real dirty. But I got an awesome t-shirt for it. Sorry, no pictures, was too busy working :(


Last night I got new tires for my car. My car is very happy. "Road Trip! Road Trip!" she cries. Since this is my last free weekend before REI opens, I'm taking a time-out day trip for myself, to charge up my batteries. I don't have time to do a full weekend, because I have so much to do before my schedule changes, so I'm going to disappear for a few hours into a space where I can chill, be thankful, get focused, and get rested.

~Vet
"I am ready. The sky is not the limit."

2 Comments:

  • At 8/27/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yvette, When do they plan to put all the good stuff into REI..I can't wait for it to open..Do you know what kind of Skiing they are doing?..I nordic ski so I am really need to know if they are going to carry them..Please do some "poking " around and see if they plan to carry nordic skiis. Was Monterey Bay aquarium packed like it usually is?? Take care

    John in Fresno

     
  • At 8/28/2007, Blogger Yvette said…

    Hello John in Fresno

    Well, we start stocking the store this weekend and will be stocking all of next week. Until I hear different, our grand opening is still Friday Sept 14 (two days after my birthday).

    As for your nordic ski question, I have no idea (I am so not a skier). But I can inquire for you next time I go in. :)

    Make sure you say hi to me if you see me working!

    The aquarium was not too bad, but I always enjoy myself there. I love those tuna!

    ~Yvette

     

Post a Comment

<< Home