Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Friday, April 20, 2007

Reply Comment So Big, I'm Posting It

*****
Relay For Life Info

To fully appreciate this post, I invite you to read my quote w/comments if you haven't already.

"Love bites, love bleeds
It's bringin' me to my knees
Love lives, love dies
It's no surprise
Love begs, love pleads
It's what I need"

Ahhhhhhh, Darren...Hawaii.... man, what a week. It's memories like those that made high school so awesome! There is still a little part of my brain that still can't believe he danced with me.


Sigh, I'm a hopeless romantic and the condition is terminal. I'm doomed ;)

It's funny though. Time and time has passed. I'm not in high school anymore, I'm 33 years old. I know he is married and probably has children now. I think he's somewhere in the Silicon Valley, and I have absolutely no desire to see him again. Let's be real, between you (Amy, Jenny, & Steve) and me, we all know he doesn't remember me.

BUT

There is still a small part of me that, in a way, is still in high school, and will always be in high school. It's that little part of me that holds ALL my high school memories. I still remember what I wore to school on my first day of 9th grade, I remember my statement of affirmation to Amy that started a friendship that has spanned 19 years and counting. I remember Steve's mustang, and Jenny's "hot-n-tot" moment in Hawaii. If you put a flute in my hand right now, my fingers can still play Gary Owen (even though I never played it during pre-game). And it's that same part of me, that perpetual teenager that still has a BIG crush on the teenager DRN.


It's not a real crush, not anymore. But when I remember, I remember it all, and so vividly. The smile on my face would make you think it happened only yesterday. I'm not living in the past, I'm definitely living in the bizarre but great here and now. But like Steve said, you hear a song, or remember a moment, and it ALL comes flooding back. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the subject. Good times.


"It's been seven hours and fifteen days
since you took your love away.
I go out every night and sleep all day
since you took your love away."


Okay, one more, for old times sake:


"So raise your hands to heaven and pray
that we'll be back together someday.
Tonight, I need your sweet caress
hold me in the darkness.
Tonight, you calm my restlessness
you relieve my sadness."


~Vet


3 Comments:

  • At 4/26/2007, Blogger 8675309 said…

    OH MY GOSH, Yvette. Just *reading* those Breathe lyrics made me go "EEEEEEEE!!"

    Hee hee heeeeeee!!!

    Oh, David Glasper. Where are you and your British accent and your fabulous un-British teeth now? Because I am still available.

     
  • At 4/26/2007, Blogger 8675309 said…

    And how about:

    She drives me crazy
    Like no one eh-helse
    She drives me crazy
    And I can't help myse-he-hellllf

    Makes me think of Round Table. And I'm pretty sure shoes were involved somehow.

     
  • At 4/27/2007, Blogger Yvette said…

    I REMEMBER THAT!!!!

    And yes, there were shoes involved. Everytime I hear that song on the radio, I think to that evening. Good times.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home