Blossoms in the Sun

under the sun, it's all good

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hi & I Love My Job(s)

*******
This is just another quickie post because I have to finish my dinner, wash my face, and brush my teeth before 10:30pm. If I don't get to bed pronto, I so incredibly feel it in the morning. I really hate that I'm not a jump out of bed singing and dancing kind of person. I think I used to be a really long time ago, but now I'm not functional until I've had at least half a cup of coffee. Maybe I'm just old, I am 34 now. ;)

I spent today-day at a path lab. I reviewed 2200 path reports. That's a lot of path reports. I'll be doing that every Wednesday now as part of our reorganizing. Usually I don't go to this particular lab. Mine are in Merced and Modesto. This new one is here in The No. Pathologists are very strange. I like it. I should have been a pathologist. I always liked looking at things under a microscope.

I spent today-night at REI. The mad rush is over, I think. One special treat I like about working frontline is that I get to see different membership cards from different eras. REI has been around since 1938, and has always been a co-op, so the style of the cards changes with the times. The current cards are typical plastic with a bar code on it. Older ones are typed and laminated. I have to key those in manually. The lowest number I have seen so far is in the 202,000 range. A man came in this evening in the 300,000 range. He said he joined back in 1971. Isn't that awesome?

JENNY MY FRIEND!!!!!- This one is for you! Mr Ikeda came in the store today. We talked briefly. I was never one of his students, but I told him that I was friends with you, and Amy, and Suzie. He remembered all of you. He says hi and wanted me to tell you that he still has your notebook from AP History. :)

All of my coworkers at REI are really nice people. Today after work I was asking Richard and Carlos about climbing. They were so nice to me. If you ever visit the store you'll find Richard downstairs running the shop and Carlos upstairs in clothing/footwear. You can't miss Carlos, he's tall with beautifully wild hair. Don't tell him-- but I love his hair.

Okay, enough gabbing on my part. I have 8 minutes to do the bedtime prep!

P.S. I hate the White Stripes song Icky Thump!

~Vet
"I am ready. The sky is not the limit."

4 Comments:

  • At 9/20/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yvette,
    I am glad tou are still blogging...One of the supervisor here at Environmental Helath joined REI in 65' and has a 111K number..My is somwhere in the 2.4
    million area w/o a barcode...I went to the Bear Safety seminar on Tuesday...Nice to hear the toilet flush!! The crowd there was 45+ with one token Cub scouter.. I think Ms. Jewell has alot of work to get the average age of outdoor participants out of the late forties!!!.


    Take Care

    John

     
  • At 9/20/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, my gosh that's so funny about Ikeda! I was literally thinking about him YESTERDAY! What are the chances of that?

     
  • At 9/21/2007, Blogger 8675309 said…

    Mr. Ikeda!!! And...my notebook? What notebook? Why do I have no memory of this? If he comes in again, please return the hello!

    And for the record, *thank you* -- I hate Icky Thump too.

     
  • At 9/24/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Vetto,

    Glad its working out. We will have to come and Buy some stuff from ya soon

    oh i will try and call you this week some time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home